This is a quick soup I made today with veg I found in the fridge…..
- 1/2 butternut squash, chopped into chunks but not peeled
- small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 red chilli sliced (use more or less according to taste)
- 1 stick of celery, cut into chunks
- 1 knob ginger, sliced
- 4 small tomatoes
- 200g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 500-750ml stock (bone broth would be a great choice)
- coconut oil
Heat coconut oil in oven that has been set at 175. When the oil is melted tip all the ingredients into a roasting pan and toss in the oil. Cook for about 30 mins on middle shelf of the oven until the squash and sweet potato are soft and roasted.
Remove from oven and when cooled, blitz in a liquidiser along with the can of butterbeans and about 500ml stock (you may need a bit more to get the consistency you like)
Drizzle with a some good olive oil and enjoy!